Why Hunt With Us?
Last updated on September 24, 2016
There are many Outfitters in New Zealand so finding the right `hunting experience' that suits you is important. With a variety of options like free range, Estate, Heli hunting, North or South Island, different species, it can be all overwhelming. New Zealand Safaris prides itself on professionally guided, genuine hunting experiences. So consider these points to see if we are right for you. Safety first. All our guides are trained in first aid and carry kits with them, including locator beacons and phones.
- When we say we 'specialise' in free range hunting in New Zealand that's actually what we do. Genuine wild animals, Genuine hunting, Genuine Guides.
- We can hunt all our South Island free range species, and Estate trophies from our lodge. Why spend valuable time driving for hours when we can do it within minutes.
- New Zealand Safaris only operates on extensive PRIVATE high country cattle and sheep properties, with exclusive hunting.
- We manage our own 3400 hectare hunting estate, you can combine free range hunting with our Big estate animals.
- We own our own full service hunting lodge, and for larger hunting parties have our neighbouring luxury lodge. But if camping in the heart of a big mountain property is for you we have that covered too in one of our warm and comfortable cabins.
- One hunting party at a time in the lodge, or hunting on that property, you are not just a number. If you want a budget hunt, share a lodge and property with large numbers of hunters, or are not interested in experiencing the hunt then we may not be the Outfitter for you.
- We do not require helicopters. We have multiple private properties with high quality numbers of free ranging animals, and all weather roads that cater to most levels of fitness. Helicopters add $2500-$8000 on top of your trophy fees (be wary if this is included, less flying time more profit).
- A wide variety on non-hunting activities, from hot pools to hiking, day spa to scenic flights or shopping its all locally right here.
- Members of the New Zealand Professional guides Assoc., Wild Sheep Foundation,Safari Club International, and Master Measurer.
- Born and bred locally, we know the animals, the country, the right spots to go and when, and have hunted here all our life. New Zealand Safaris personally guides on all the South Pacific species including birds.
- We have Wallaby on our back door step, great fun for those that want to send a few rounds down range.
- Have our own lease properties to hunt Sika, Sambar, and Rusa deer in the North Island.
- Personally guide on wild, free range Water Buffalo Hunts from June-September in Aboriginal Arnhem land, Northern Territories, Australia. With a purpose built permanent lodge the lease encompasses over 3 million acres of Savannah, beach, forest and open tidal flats.
- Genuine, Professional, Experienced, Quality, Enjoyable, Safe.
If these points are as important to you as they are to us, please feel free to contact Jim or Ben to discuss a taylor made adventure that will suit exactly what you want out of your `Hunting Experience' with New Zealand Safaris.
Professional Hunting Outfitter and Guide
New Zealand Safaris